Damp and Timber Independent Surveys

CSRT Qualified Surveyors

David Irlam CSRT BSc (Hons) MCIOB

Welcome to our site

We are entirely independent qualified surveyors whose aim and interest is to establish the cause of damp and timber problems in properties, also recommending the types of treatment required to solve these problems.

Some contractors today will carry out a 'free survey'. Be aware of these as they may survey your property and diagnose the problem according to their line of business and to the services of their company. This may lead to unnecessary work, confusion about what problem actually exists and in some cases may not even solve the problem.

The fact that we are independent means that we have no ties to any contractors and so have no financial gain from finding problems that do not exist. We will therefore assess the problem and come to a conclusion and recommendation completely independently.

We are members of the Property Care Association and are members of the Chartered Institute Of Building (CIOB)

We are based in Manchester but cover all areas in the North West.


Who can benefit from us?

As independent surveyors we offer a completely impartial assessment of your property. Our reports and advice will give you peace of mind.

1.  Vendors purchasing and selling properties

2.  Mortgage Lenders

3.  Estate Agents

4.  Local Authorities

5.  Building Societies

6.  Landlords / Tenants

7.  Owners with continual problems


What is the CSRT Qualification?

The CSRT Qualification (Certified Surveyor in Remedial Treatments) is awarded on behalf of the Property Care Association (PCA), formerly the BWPDA. The qualification covers three areas:

1.   Legal and health and safety aspects of remedial treatments for infestation and dampness.

2.   The identification and remedial treatment of infested timber.

3.   The identification and remedial treatment of dampness.